Uncooked Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 3 hr
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 3 hr 10 min
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 7 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb plum tomatoes
- On cutting board, mound parsley, basil and garlic; chop finely; transfer mixture to large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Halve tomatoes; remove cores and squeeze out seeds. Dice tomatoes, then add to olive oil mixture, stirring well. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
Tip: To serve, divide sauce among bowls of hot pasta. Top each bowl with 1 tbsp butter. Toss just before serving.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito