Sweet and Sharp Turkey with Zucchini and Apricots
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 1/2 lb skinless boneless turkey breast tenders
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar or white wine vinegar (approx.)
- 1/2 tsp salt (approx.)
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg (7 oz) dried apricots
- Cut tenders in half lengthwise; cut out and remove white tendons. Cut strips into 1-inch pieces. Heat 2 tbsp oil in large sauté pan set over high heat; cook turkey, turning as needed, for 5 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Transfer to tray.
- Add remaining oil to pan; cook zucchini, turning once, for 5 minutes or until browned on both sides. Add to tray. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir onion and rosemary into pan. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is caramelized. Add to tray.
- Add broth, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to pan; mix water with flour and stir into pan. Cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return turkey, zucchini and onion to pan; add apricots. Cover and reduce heat to simmer; cook for 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and no longer pink in center. Season with wine vinegar and salt to taste.
Tip: Just before serving, sprinkle this dish with pine nuts for extra flavor.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders