Tuna and Capers Panzanella
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 2 hr 30 min
Total Time: 3 hr
- 8 to 10 oz rustic bread, cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can (12 oz) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 stalks celery heart, sliced
- 3 tbsp drained capers
- Toast bread. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside. Reserve 2 tbsp dark green onion stems.
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar and salt; whisk in oil. Add tuna, tomato, remaining green onions, celery, capers, and bread. Toss and let stand for 15 to 30 minutes at room temperature, tossing occasionally. Sprinkle each serving with reserved green onions.
Tip: If mixture is too dry, drizzle with extra olive oil. If too bland, add up to 1 tbsp extra vinegar and capers.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders