Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 box of chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- In saucepan, combine chicken broth and water; heat over low heat until barely simmering.
- Meanwhile, in Dutch oven set over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in rice and salt; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 cup of broth mixture; cook, stirring, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time and stirring, for about 18 minutes or until almost all broth is absorbed and rice is tender but still holds its shape. Remove from heat; stir in green onions and lemon zest.
Tip: All of the broth mixture may not be needed.
Recipe provided by Chef Sharon Sanders