Tilapia with Onions, Peppers, and Olives
Prep Time: 8 min
Inactive Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 1/2 lb tilapia fillets
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with olive oil; set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large sauté pan set over medium-low heat; stir in onion, bell peppers and thyme. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Add salt, pepper and broth; bring to boil.
- Arrange fillets, slightly overlapping, in prepared baking dish; spoon onion mixture over top. Sprinkle with olives and drizzle lightly with remaining olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is opaque in center and flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders