Thai Basil Beef
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb steak (such as NY strip or rib eye), thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups steamed white rice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet set over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper; sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned but still pink inside. Transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet; sauté onion, garlic, ginger and peppers for 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add balsamic glaze, oyster sauce, sugar and 1 tbsp water to pan; bring to simmer.
- Return beef and any accumulated juices to pan; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is coated and cooked to desired doneness. Stir in fish sauce. Spoon over rice; sprinkle with basil.
Tip: Add sliced fresh hot red or green chili peppers if desired.