Sunflower Seed Hummus
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 cans (14 oz each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp za’atar spice or ground sumac (optional)
- 3/4 cup ice-cold water
- Crudités and pita wedges
- In a food processor or blender, combine garbanzo beans, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 3 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and cumin. Pulse for about 1 minute or just until blended. Add water, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture is creamy, thick and smooth.
- Transfer dip to shallow serving bowl; drizzle with remaining olive oil. Garnish with remaining sunflower seeds, and sprinkle of za’atar (if using).
- Serve dip with crudités and pita wedges.
Tip: Alternatively, garnish dip with a dollop of Filippo Berio Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.