Strawberry Balsamic Granita
Prep Time: 5 min
Inactive Time: 4 hr
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (optional)
- In small saucepan, stir sugar with 1 cup water; bring to boil. Simmer until sugar is dissolved; let cool slightly.
- In food processor, combine balsamic vinegar, sugar mixture, strawberries, and basil (if using); purée until smooth. Pour into metal tray and cover with foil.
- Freeze for 4 hours, stirring with a fork to break up pieces of ice every 20 to 30 minutes. Serve in small dessert cups or martini glasses. Garnish with small fresh basil leaves if desired.
Tip: Substitute fresh mint for basil, or raspberries for the strawberries.