Steamed Salmon with Vermicelli in Parchment
Prep Time: 12 min
Inactive Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked vermicelli
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice or dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut four 10- X 12-inch sheets of parchment paper or foil; brush with 1 tbsp olive oil. In bowl, mix together vermicelli and remaining olive oil. Divide evenly into four portions; place each portion in center of each sheet of parchment paper.
- In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, mustard, thyme, parsley and salt; brush over salmon fillets. Place salmon on vermicelli; sprinkle onion, zucchini and cherry tomatoes evenly over top of each fillet. Pour 2 tbsp clam juice over top.
- Bring corners of parchment paper together, twisting ends to form bundles. Place on baking sheet; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Place 1 bundle on each of 4 plates.
Tip: Clams or mussels in their shells or a combination of both work well in this recipe, too.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito