Steak and Tomato Salad with Horseradish Dressing
Prep Time: 1 hr 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups arugula
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 whole wheat baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Horseradish Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh horseradish
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Stir vinegar with 2 tbsp olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic; toss with steak. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Season steak with salt and pepper; grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or to desired level of doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, brush baguette slices with remaining olive oil. Grill for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until grill-marked and toasted.
- Toss arugula with 1/3 cup Horseradish Dressing; toss with tomato wedges. Divide salad among 4 plates and top with sliced steak. Serve with remaining dressing.
- Horseradish Dressing: Whisk together sour cream, olive oil, horseradish, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.