Steak with Caper Sauce
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 4 pounds porterhouse or sirloin steak (3/4-inch thick)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large red onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp capers in salt, well rinsed and minced
- Juice of 3 large lemons
- Rub steak with salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan set over low heat; cook onions, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Transfer onions to bowl; Keep warm.
- Preheat grill to high heat; grease grate well. Reduce heat to medium-high; grill steak to internal temperature of 140°F for rare, 150°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done. Spoon onions over top. Combine lemon juice and capers; spoon over steak.
Tip: Alternatively, you can use the same sauté pan to cook the steak, instead of using a grill. Sear steak on both sides over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium until cooked to desired doneness. Spoon some of the pan juices over steak.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito