Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed grated zucchini (about 3 zucchini)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk and eggs. Fold in zucchini.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in 12-inch nonstick sauté pan set over medium-high heat; working in batches, drop batter, 1/4 cup at a time, into pan. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown at edges; flip over and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet in 200°F oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito