Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 5 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine shrimp, 2 tbsp olive oil and curry powder in resealable plastic bag; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in large sauté pan set over medium-high heat; cook green onions and red pepper, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Return pan to stovetop; cook shrimp for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Mix together soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside. Pour orange juice into skillet; cook until starting to boil. Add soy sauce mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir red pepper mixture back into pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve this dish over basmati rice and top with sliced almonds.
- Be sure to use good-quality curry powder.
Recipe provided by Jim Coleman