Spicy Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Spicy Tomato Pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place pancetta on parchment paper–lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Blot with paper towel; let cool and crumble. Mix together pancetta, goat cheese, Parmesan, basil, pesto, garlic, and half of the salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally almost in half, but still keeping breasts intact. Spread one-quarter of the cheese mixture on bottom half of each chicken breast. Fold over and secure with toothpick. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; fry chicken breasts for 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden. Transfer to baking sheet; roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until instant-read thermometer reaches 165ºF.
Tip: Add 1/2 tsp dried herbs, such as oregano, thyme or rosemary, to goat cheese mixture if desired.