Spiced Almond and Pesto Rice
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3/4 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Pinch pf ground cinnamon
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Spicy Tomato Pesto
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or mint
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork; set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; sauté onion, garlic and ginger for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Stir in cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add brown rice, pesto, currants and almonds; cook until heated through. Stir in parsley and sprinkle with lemon zest.
Tip: Use cooked quinoa or another gluten-free grain in place of rice if desired.