Sparkling Rosemary Olive Oil Limeade
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 45 min
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 oz. water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped rosemary leaves, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 6 oz. fresh lime juice, plus lime slices for garnish
- 1½ oz. Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 375mL or one-half 750mL bottle sparkling wine
A bit like a bubbly, rosemary-infused margarita, this drink gets rich texture and deeper flavor thanks to the olive oil.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, water, and rosemary and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the solids. Place in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the syrup, lime juice, and olive oil; shake until well chilled. Pour into glasses and top with the sparkling wine. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lime slices, and serve.
Note: You can also add small chunks of fruit to the pops. Stir fruit pieces into the purée, then pour into the molds and freeze.