Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed saffron
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large saucepan or deep skillet set over medium heat; sauté 1 garlic clove for 1 minute. Add pepper; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In same saucepan, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat; sauté remaining garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Stir in oregano, saffron, salt and pepper. Add rice; stir in water. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; top with reserved tomato mixture. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Recipe provided by Chef Jim Coleman