Smoky Spanish Almonds
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 1 lb. unsalted almonds
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp pimentón de la Vera or hot paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and and heat to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the almonds with the olive oil and ½ tsp. of the salt. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet and bake until the almonds become fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- While the almonds are cooking, in a large bowl, mix the remaining salt, sugar, thyme, pimentón, and cumin. Add the roasted almonds and toss well.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Pimentón and cumin give these roasted nuts a pleasant Iberian flair. You can make larger batches of this recipe, roast, cool, and then hold in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.