Smashed Pesto Baby Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Classic Pesto, divided
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 lb yellow-flesh baby potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking tray with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place potatoes in saucepan; pour in enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-high to maintain light boil. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water; dry well.
- Toss together potatoes, 2 tbsp pesto, olive oil, salt and pepper; spread evenly on prepared pan. Smash each potato with heavy-bottom saucepan. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on the bottom.
- Top each potato with dollop of remaining pesto and arrange on platter. Top with Parmesan and pine nuts. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: Make these potatoes extra special by also topping with creamy ricotta and pan-crisped pancetta.