Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 3 hr 10 min
Total Time: 3 hr 20 min
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Season chicken with taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with salsa. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours or Low for 6 hours until chicken is very tender. Shred chicken with 2 forks and return to slow cooker; toss with sauce.
- Assemble shredded chicken in warm tortillas with sour cream, avocado and radishes.
Tip: Switch up taco toppings with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded cabbage, fresh or pickled jalapeño peppers, corn, red onion, green onions, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and/or fresh cilantro.