Skillet Shrimp with Rotelle
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups rotelle or other curly pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- 3/4 lb raw medium-size shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion is softened but not browned.
- Add pasta; stir until coated with oil. Increase heat to high; pour in chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 14 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp. Add shrimp, tomatoes, olives and basil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until liquid is almost completely absorbed and shrimp are opaque (do not overcook shrimp). Season with salt and pepper to taste.