Sirloin Steak with Onion-Mustard Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb sirloin steak (excess fat trimmed), cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in heavy skillet set over medium heat; sauté steak for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or 5 minutes on each side for well-done. Remove from pan using wide slotted spatula; sprinkle with pepper and set aside in covered dish.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; sauté onion slices for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, vinegar and mustard to skillet; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour onion sauce over steak.
Recipe provided by The Low Cholesterol Olive Oil Cookbook.