Shrimp and Tomato Salad with Basil-Vodka Dressing
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery hearts, with leaves
- Lettuce leaves
- Using toothpick or skewer, pierce each tomato from stem end to base through the middle. Lay basil leaves on top of each other and roll up tightly into cylinder. Slice thinly crosswise; set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together oil, vodka, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; add shrimp, celery, tomatoes and basil. Toss gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for up to 24 hours.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Serve on salad plates lined with lettuce leaves.
Tip: Piercing the tomatoes allows the dressing to penetrate for extra flavor.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders