Shrimp Pad Thai
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 6 oz wide rice noodles
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic chili paste
- 8 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sliced green onion (cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crushed unsalted roasted peanuts
- 4 lime wedges
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, fish sauce, ketchup, sugar, soy sauce and chili paste; set aside. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or just until opaque. Using slotted spoon, transfer to plate.
- Mix tofu and paprika; add to same skillet and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned around edges. Pour in eggs. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or until set into curds. Add drained noodles, reserved shrimp and rice vinegar mixture, green onion and bean sprouts.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and heated through. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle cilantro and peanuts over top. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Though it can be difficult to find, Thai basil is also a fresh and authentic way to garnish Pad Thai before serving.