Sausage with Bitter Greens
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 lb pork sausages
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil (approx.)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 small chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound turnip greens or broccoli rabe, cut into bite-size pieces
- Combine sausages and water in sauté pan; cover and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or just until sausage is cooked through. Drain water; add olive oil to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until browned, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Transfer sausage to cutting board; slice into 3-inch pieces and cover with foil. Set aside. Add garlic and chili pepper to pan; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until garlic is softened and starting to brown. Discard garlic; add turnip greens to pan. Cook, partially covered, for 3 minutes or until greens are wilted. Push greens to one side; return sausages to pan and cook until heated through.
Tip: If desired, you can substitute dried red pepper flakes for chili pepper.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito