Rosemary Scented Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 3 hr
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 4 hr
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp minced green onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 large chicken (about 3 1/2 lb), quartered
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In large resealable plastic bag, combine olive oil, lime juice, green onion, oregano, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bag, ensuring all pieces are well coated with marinade; press out as much air as possible. Reseal bag and refrigerate for 3 to 5 hours.
- Preheat grill or prepare coals to medium heat and soak rosemary sprigs in water for 30 minutes. Place rosemary sprigs directly on coals or place on grill grate.
- Grill chicken pieces, bone side down, about 4 inches above the coals and cook for 12 minutes, brushing frequently with marinade. Turn chicken; grill for 12 minutes, basting frequently. Continue cooking for 20 minutes longer, turning and basting chicken, until well browned and juices run clear (do not baste during final 5 or 6 minutes of grilling). Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe provided by Chef Jim Coleman