Roasted Sea Bass with Fennel, Oranges, and Olives
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced thinly lengthwise into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh blood orange or navel orange juice
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 sea bass fillets (8 oz each)
- 2 blood or navel oranges, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 green Cerignola olives, pitted
- 4 oil-cured black olives, pitted
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat olive oil in 12-to-14 inch sauté pan or casserole dish set over medium heat; cook fennel for 3 minutes or until just beginning to soften. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in wine; increase heat to high and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer; add orange juice and lemon zest. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Gently rub salt and pepper all over fillets; lay fillets over fennel mixture. Lay orange slices over fillets; sprinkle with olives. Roast, uncovered and spooning some of the liquid over fish occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. To serve, spoon sauce over fillets.
Tip: This dish is delicious served on a bed of creamy polenta.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito