Roasted Root Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- 6 cups assorted root vegetables (such as turnips, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, baby beets or red onions), peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, sage, chervil)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In large bowl, coat vegetables with olive oil. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheets, spreading vegetables in single layer.
- Roast in 400°F oven for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven; add garlic to baking sheets and sprinkle with herbs. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until garlic is cooked. In serving dish, combine vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: If using beets, keep them separated in a smaller bowl when coating with olive oil, as they may stain other vegetables.
Recipe provided by Chef Francesco Tonelli