Roast Lemon-Parsley Chicken Drumsticks with Fettuccine and Carrots
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 48 min
Total Time: 55 min
- Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 bunches green onions, white and green parts, cut in 2-inch-long pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 8 to 10 oz fresh fettuccine
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Using mister or pastry brush dipped in olive oil, grease 17- x 12-inch metal baking pan. Place drumsticks on pan; season with 1/4 tsp salt. Bake for 20 minutes; remove pan from oven.
- Add carrots, green onions, parsley, lemon zest, remaining salt and 2 tbsp olive oil to pan; toss well. Bake, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine for 3 minutes or until tender; drain and return to pot. Transfer drumsticks to serving platter; toss fettuccine with carrot mixture and any accumulated pan juices.
- If you don’t have a 17- x 12-inch baking pan, use two smaller pans.
- If the chicken skin is not well browned after cooking, broil chicken for 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders