Roast Beef and Pesto Roll-Ups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 22 min
Servings: 10 or more
- 12 asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and halved
- 6 oz thinly sliced medium-rare roast beef (about 12 slices)
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 1 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- Fill bowl with ice water. Place steamer inside saucepan of water (steamer should not touch water). Bring to boil; steam asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Immediately plunge into ice water. Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters; steam as directed for asparagus.
- On working surface, place 1 slice roast beef; spread with some of the pesto. Top with 2 asparagus halves, and 2 pieces each carrot, red pepper and cucumber. Roll up tightly and slice in half diagonally; secure each with toothpick. Wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with salt and pepper just before serving. Serve with hummus for dipping.
- Add mango and cilantro to roll-ups for an Asian twist.
- If you have extra carrots, quarter them and serve on the side with extra hummus.