Primavera Soup with Pesto
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced escarole
- 1 cup fresh or frozen baby peas
- 1 jar Filippo Berio Grilled Vegetable Pesto, divided
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices rustic bread, toasted
- Heat oil in saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 4 to 6 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in vegetable broth; bring to boil. Stir in asparagus, escarole, peas, 1/4 cup pesto, salt and pepper; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Spread remaining pesto over toast; serve with soup.
Tip: Substitute spinach or kale for escarole if desired.