Portobello Salad with Chipotle Portobello Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 5 portobello mushrooms (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (approx.)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 dried chipotle pepper, crushed
- 1 lb baby greens or mesclun mix
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- Preheat grill. Lightly brush mushrooms with oil; grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or lightly golden brown. Coarsely chop 1 mushroom; add to food processor along with 1/2 cup olive oil, parsley, basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and chipotle pepper until well combined. Toss with greens.
- Place one portobello mushroom on each salad plate. Mound one-quarter of greens onto each mushroom cap. Garnish with walnut halves.
- You can substitute 1 canned chipotle pepper for the dried one if desired.
- If desired, you can reserve a little vinaigrette and drizzle it decoratively around the mushroom on each plate.
Recipe provided by Jim Coleman, Executive Chef of Normandy Farm and Coleman Restaurant