Pork Souvlaki Tacos
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 12 oz), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 corn tortillas (7 inch), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup prepared tzatziki sauce
- In large resealable bag, combine pork, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, mint, salt and pepper. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, shaking off excess; discard marinade. Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté pork for 5 to 6 minutes or until just cooked through. Assemble pork in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and olives; drizzle with tzatziki sauce.
- Substitute chicken for pork if desired.
- Alternatively, thread marinated pork on skewers; grill instead of sautéing.
- Top tacos with finely crumbled feta cheese if desired.