Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 pkg (1 lb) store-bought pizza dough
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups diced fresh fior di latte mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 13-inch round. Transfer to lightly oiled 12-inch pizza pan. Brush dough with 1 tbsp olive oil; arrange tomato slices over top. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake pizza for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly and underside is golden. Remove pizza from oven; let cool slightly. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle basil over top.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito