Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (about half of a 4-lb. pineapple)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ½ habanero chile, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Habanero chiles, hot as they are, have a fruity flavor that sings in any fruit salsa. You can tone down the heat by removing the veins, but if you like salsa spicy, leave them in.
- Combine all the ingredients except the cilantro in a bowl. Measure 1 cup of the mixture and blend in a blender until smooth. Stir into the salsa along with the cilantro.
- Serve immediately with Homemade Tortilla Chips or on seared tuna steaks.