Pesto and Walnut-Crusted Salmon Fillets
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Tomato and Ricotta Pesto
- 2 tbsp Fillipo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp each chopped fresh parsley, basil and chives
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper; arrange on prepared pan. Stir pesto with mayonnaise; spread over top of each fillet.
- In bowl, combine breadcrumbs, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, basil and chives; drizzle with olive oil and toss to moisten evenly. Divide mixture among fillets, pressing lightly to adhere to pesto mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and salmon flakes easily with a fork but is still lightly opaque in center. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs, pulse chunks of day-old fresh bread in a food processor until pea-size crumbs are achieved. Breadcrumbs can frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month.