Pesto Cauliflower Fried Rice
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 jar Filippo Berio Grilled Vegetable Pesto
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In food processor, pulse cauliflower, in batches if needed, until finely chopped into rice-size pieces.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook onion, carrots and garlic, stirring often, for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened. Stir in cauliflower rice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly softened.
- Stir in pesto, peas and tamari; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender but not mushy. Sprinkle with green onions.
- For a keto version, substitute lower-carb veggies, such as asparagus, cabbage or kale, for peas and carrots.
- For easy preparation, used store-bought prepared cauliflower rice.
- Add tofu scrambled eggs to fried rice if desired.