Olive Oil Popcorn with Rosemary and Parmigiano-Reggiano
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped into smaller pieces
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (preferably using a Microplane)
- ¾ tsp kosher salt; more to taste
- Heat a large (8-qt.) heavy-duty Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add 3 Tbs. oil and a couple of popcorn kernels, cover, and cook until the popcorn pops, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining popcorn kernels and cook, occasionally shaking the pot, until most of the kernels pop and the rate of popping almost completely slows, about 3 minutes. Add the rosemary sprigs and toss for 15 seconds off the heat.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl and toss with the remaining 2 Tbs. oil, the Parmigano-Reggiano, and salt. Serve immediately.
Tip: If you have a popcorn popper, have at it, but this stovetop method is quick and easy. For the best flavor, use imported Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add the zest of one lemon if you want to give this snack a twist.