Mediterranean Breakfast Hash
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 12 oz Italian sausage, casings removed
- 5 yellow-fleshed potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large, straight-sided skillet set over medium-high heat; crumble in sausage and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in potatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes.
- Cook, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Make 4 divots and crack an egg into each spot. Scatter feta over top; sprinkle with vinegar. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired. Sprinkle with parsley.