Marinated Lamb Chops with Fresh Mint Sauce
Prep Time: 2 hr
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
- 1/3 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp honey, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 6 blade-cut lamb chops (6 to 8 oz each)
- 2 cups packed whole fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- In shallow bowl large enough to hold lamb in single layer, mix together minced mint, olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, garlic, lemon juice and pepper; add lamb, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, turning once or twice, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In small saucepan, bring whole mint, remaining honey and water to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Strain through fine-mesh sieve into bowl; add salt to taste. Set aside and keep warm. (Make ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container; reheat before using.)
- Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Place lamb on greased grill; close lid and grill until instant-read thermometer reads 145°F for rare, 160°F for medium and 170°F for well-done. Serve with mint sauce.
Tip: If desired, lamb chops can be broiled instead of grilled.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito