Linguine with Walnut Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 10 to 12 fresh sage leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 8 oz spaghetti, fettuccine or penne
- Pecorino cheese, grated (optional)
- Mince garlic and shallot together; set aside. Mince walnuts and sage together; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan set over medium heat; cook garlic mixture until softened. Stir in walnut mixture; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in salt; cover and keep warm while pasta cooks.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water. Stir pasta and reserved cooking water into walnut sauce; reheat quickly over medium heat until pasta is well coated. Serve with Pecorino to sprinkle over top, if desired.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito