Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 3.4 fl. oz. Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.7 fl. oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Lemon zest (1 lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a non-stick madeleine pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer. Add sugar and continue mixing until dissolved.
- Next, mix in the olive oil and lemon juice. Then, add flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Mix well until just combined.
- Refrigerate batter for approximately 10 minutes, mixing one more time once it comes out.
- After the final mix, fill the madeleine pan with equal amounts of batter and place in the middle of the oven for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar before presenting.
Inspired by Tasty Mediterraneo