Lattice-Topped Peach and Berry Tart
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 batch Sweet Pastry Dough (click here for dough recipe)
- 1 cup all-fruit apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 ripe but firm peaches (I lb), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Grease 10-inch springform pan with extra-light olive oil spray. Prepare dough; cut away one-third of the dough. Pat into disk; refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pat remaining dough over bottom and 1 1/4-inches up side of prepared pan. Prick all over with fork; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out reserved refrigerated dough between 2 sheets of floured waxed paper into 10-inch circle. Using pizza wheel or serrated ravioli cutter, cut into 8 strips. Slide the waxed paper onto baking sheet; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In bowl, mix together preserves and cornstarch; gently stir in peaches and blueberries. Place dough-lined pan on heavy baking sheet; spoon fruit mixture into pan. Carefully lay 4 strips of dough over top of fruit. Place remaining strips over top crosswise, pressing strips to sides of bottom crust to join.
- Beat egg white with 1 tbsp water; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle entire surface with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for about 40 minutes or until juices are bubbling clear in the center and lattice is browned. Transfer to rack; let cool.