Korean Bean Sprouts Salad
Prep Time: 5 min
Inactive Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 3 min
Total Time: 28 min
- 1 lb mung bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Spicy Tomato Pesto
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
This refreshing Asian-inspired salad is crunchy, salty and tangy with just enough heat to satisfy spicy food fans.
- Pick over bean sprouts, discarding any spoiled ones; rinse in cold water. In pot of boiling salted water, cook bean sprouts and carrot for 3 minutes. Drain in colander; rinse with cold water, pressing out any extra water.
- In serving bowl, combine bean sprouts, carrot, green onions and garlic. Whisk together rice wine vinegar, hot chili pesto and soy sauce; drizzle over salad. Let stand for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tip: Add 2 tsp Korean chili paste, gojujang, to increase heat if desired.