Jerk Chicken with Gnocchi
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 55 min
- 6 Tbs. plus 1 tsp Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp jerk rub
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups chopped bell pepper, preferably green and orange
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. gnocchi
- 1 lb. fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
The fusion of Jamaican jerk and Italian gnocchi creates a new-world comfort food with warm aromatic spices and rich flavors.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine 2 Tbs. of the olive oil, 2 Tbs. of the lime juice, the jerk rub, and ½ tsp. salt in a shallow bowl. Toss the chicken with the oil mixture to coat completely. Place the chicken and chopped peppers on a rimmed baking sheet, keeping them separate, each using half of the baking pan. Drizzle the peppers with 1 tsp. of the olive oil, and toss well. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken thighs are cooked through and the peppers are crisp in spots.
- To make the lime juice vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together 4 Tbs. of the olive oil, 3 Tbs. of lime juice, the red onion, garlic, ½ tsp. salt, and 1¼ tsp. pepper. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss the gnocchi with the lime juice vinaigrette. Add the chicken, peppers, and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt, sprinkle the cilantro over the top, and serve.