Individual Lemon Olive Oil Cakes with Berry Sauce
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 egg whites
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice and lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups seasonal berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease oversize muffin cups with olive oil. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites until fluffy; set aside. In separate bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar for 2 or 3 minutes or until ribbons form when beaters are lifted; stir in flour mixture, sour cream and olive oil. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in egg whites in three additions, until a few white streaks are still remaining (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into muffin cups; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, combine berries with icing sugar; purée until smooth. Drizzle over warm cakes.