Hummus Vegetable Dip
Prep Time: 1 hr 10 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Servings: 1 1/4 Cups
- 1 can (16 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (approx.)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil (approx.)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Assorted cut-up fresh vegetables
- Pita bread wedges
- Oil-cured black olives (optional)
- In blender or food processor, place chickpeas, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, tahini, olive oil, garlic and cumin; process until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce (if using). Adjust consistency with additional lemon juice or water if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with vegetables and pita bread; garnish with olives (if using), and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.