Honey Balsamic Roasted Onion and Fennel
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 small red onions
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut onions in half, leaving root end intact, so layers remain attached. Cut each half through root end into 4 wedges. Repeat with fennel bulb.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, honey, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; add onion and fennel, tossing gently until evenly coated. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake, turning halfway through, for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and browned around edges. Transfer to shallow serving platter; top with goat cheese, walnuts and parsley.
Tip: Serve as a side dish with beef, lamb or pork, or serve over baby arugula for a hearty warm salad.