Halloumi with Marinated Roasted Red Pepper and Caper Salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 8 oz halloumi cheese, cubed
- In large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; add peppers, capers, shallots and parsley, tossing gently to coat. Transfer to shallow serving dish. Marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook halloumi, flipping as needed, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towel–lined plate. Scatter over roasted red pepper salad. Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve with toasted, crusty bread for dipping.