Grilled Vegetable Pesto Carbonara
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Grilled Vegetable Pesto
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cubed pancetta
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. In large bowl, whisk together Parmesan, pesto, eggs and egg yolks; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook pancetta for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy around edges. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Whisk hot cooking liquid into egg mixture; add pasta and pancetta to bowl, tossing to coat well. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.